Friday, September 6, 2013

Backgrounds


Backgrounds -  I used five pan pastel colours to create this lovely background.  Phalto Blue, Turquoise Shade, Neutral Grey, Magenta and Yellow Orchid. I had different sponges for each colour and added the colours, starting with blue, then magenta etc. I did two 4 x 6 pieces of card the same and stamped a Stampin Up image on one, cut it out with a circle die
and matted onto another Spellbinders scalloped circle. I then matted the other piece on black and adhered the image to the card and card blank. I then die cut a butterfly and sentiment and used the pan pastels in the same way. A very simple but effective card.

Now this background is done using Graph'it markers.  Their challenge this week is backgrounds.
So I used the following pens : 7125,7105,6130,6120,4155,4110. I started with the darker shade and blended them down until I was happy with the result. I coloured two pieces of 4 x 6 and stamped an image from Stampin Up on to one of them and then cut it with a circle die. Cut out a Spellbinder scalloped circle in black and matted the image to it. The other piece I matted on back and adhered it to a scalloped white card. I stamped a sentiment and then cut out a butterfly and coloured it the same way.  I don't know which card I like the best do you?

I have entered this card in the Graph'it Marker Challenge : http://graphitmarkers.blogspot.com

3 comments:

  1. HI Sally, gorgeous background effects. Love those stamps too. Thanks for joining us at Graph'It Colour Challenge and good luck
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always amazed by your backgrounds hun! Excellent work! Thanks for joining our challenge ate the Graph'it Marker blog this week!
    Hugs xx Cara xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool, and pretty background Sally. Thanks so much for playing at Graph'It Colour Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete