Sunday, March 31, 2013

Flatfriends DT Challenge - April STITCHING - faux or real


Hi there folks from snowy Germany! I know it is Easter Sunday and it is snowing!!! thank goodness it isn't settling.

I made this card using one of Emma Cannings Images, now available on a CD Rom from www.polkadoodles.co.uk or you can buy the individual image.  I coloured her with my new Graph It Markers, which I love. I find them easier to blend and the colours are more vibrant.

I cut the image out using a Spellbinders die and to matt and layer the image. I faux stiched  around the edges using a fine tip marker and white gel pen.  I found a lovely piece of patchwork paper in my crafty stash and matt and layerd it on black and faux stitched around that also. Cut out another fancy die from Spellbinders and where the die left tiny holes I used my marker to go around the edge again to look like it was stiched. Used a sentiment from one of my Polkadoodle CD roms added a polka dot ribbon and it was finished. Hope you like it x

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous card - love the backing papers and the cute image. TFS and hope you had a Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karon, It is nice to see people's views on my work. I did have a good Easter spent with my youngest and her fiancé. But very cold here in Germany -4 again this morning! Brrr! I hope you had a good Easter xx

    ReplyDelete